Growing your family? Don't give up your apartment!
June 22, 2016
Author: Park Property Management
You don't need a house to have a home.
There are plenty of great reasons to live in an apartment. However, lots of people think they need to move into a house when they decide to start or grow their family.
Park Property Management Inc. has 5 great reasons to stay in your apartment after you have children.
- Living in an apartment provides peace of mind in regards to maintenance and upkeep. When something needs repaired, replaced, or maintained, all it takes is one request to the property manager. Less stress over fixes and repairs means more time to spend with family.
- Children are surrounded by a community of neighbours and friends. This builds social skills and offers convenient playdates and easy access to babysitters.
- Apartment life can provide financial freedom. There is no mortgage to tie you down and no need to sell one place before you can move to another.
- Upgrading is easy! Let your property manager know you'd like to be added to the waitlist for a larger apartment, if there isn't one readily available. On moving day, you won't need a moving truck- just reserve the elevator!
- Location, Location! Apartment buildings are often located within walking distance to amenities, reducing the need to commute.
Many find it challenging to find a place for everything when apartment living with kids. Toys, books, movies, and other related items take up lots of space. Here are a few ideas that can help:
- Keep the baby items to a minimum. Get the basics like a crib, dresser/change-table and high chair, then look for other collapsible items that you can store away when not in use.
- Make good use of every space in a child's room. Under the bed storage and closet organization are a must. Look for double duty items like an art table with hidden storage.
- Use the library instead of buying books. You can borrow new books every day, saving you space and money.
- Store keepsakes digitally. You don't need to keep every art project, painting, or drawing created. Take photos of everything and keep them on a hard drive or cloud-based service.
- Make the outdoors your playroom. Take the kids to the park, out for walks, or to community centres instead of buying lots of toys and games that you need to store.
Looking for a home to raise your family in? Check out our listings today!