Junior IT Support Analyst
We are immediately looking for a candidate to fill the role of Junior IT Support Analyst at our head office location in Markham, Ontario. The Junior IT Support Analyst will be the first point of contact in the IT Department, reporting directly to and assisting the IT Manager. The Junior IT Support Analyst is responsible for helping with IT support issues over a wide geographical area. The position involves on-site visits to building sites. A reliable vehicle and valid driver's license are necessary and required to fulfill the responsibilities of the job.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the IT Manager in development, planning and execution of departmental goals
- Take control of small IT projects, while supporting the IT Manager and the IT Department on larger projects
- Provide day-to-day support to all employees throughout the company's multiple locations in the G.T.A.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and network related computer problems with workstations, printers, servers and network devices
- Set-up new workstations including monitors, phones, software and hardware
- Maintain phone systems at multiple locations
- Help to maintain a stable and secure infrastructure
- Continuously improve levels of knowledge and competency with IT systems and products utilized
- Other duties as required to assist the team
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/degree in computer science
- Microsoft Certification a plus – must be well versed in Windows Operating Systems (7/10/2008/2012/2016)
- 2+ years related work experience
- Knowledge of IBM i series/AS400 environments is a plus
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Experience with VoIP phones
- Excellent customer service skills and a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Multitasker and detail oriented
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver's license are necessary and required to fulfill the responsibilities of the job, which includes commuting to office and building sites on a regular basis
What we offer:
Competitive salary (plus mileage reimbursement program), comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation policy, summer hours, and a professional and friendly atmosphere in which to build your career.
If you have the required professional skills and abilities, along with the desire to work in a busy and challenging position that offers the opportunity for growth, we want to hear from you. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.