We have an immediate opening for a full time Leasing Agent to join our team in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario. The Leasing Agent screens prospective tenants, aiming for maximum rental rates and no vacancies.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with the potential for growth and development. This position provides support to the property management team.
- Professionally qualify prospects, demonstrate product and follow-up with clients
- Regularly inspect upcoming market ready suites and communicate related service needs to Property Manager
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients' needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale
- Verify application forms, obtain all necessary documents and submit recommendations and findings to the Property Manager for approval
- Prepare leases, schedules, assignment, sublet and addendum forms
- Maintain an updated Availability Report
- Follow-up with building staff to ensure apartment is ready for resident move-in
- Orient new residents to the community
- Maintain consistently accurate traffic reports
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices
- Conduct market surveys of local community on regular basis
- Monitor advertising effectiveness and keep the marketing department informed about any necessary changes
- Assist in resident retention programs
- Complete hydro consumption forms on vacating units & record appliance information
- Participate in required training in order to comply with new or existing laws
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
Required Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in leasing in the property management industry is a strong asset
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak with customers in a competent, knowledgeable and helpful manner
- Must be very well organized and have exceptional time management skills
- Good understanding of MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook is required
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA), Ontario Human Rights Code, Privacy and AODA legislation is a strong asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends on a regular basis
- Must have a neat, clean, professional appearance
- Must possess a vehicle and a valid driver's license.
If you have the skills and abilities required for this position, and the desire to be part of an energetic team, please submit a resume, along with a cover letter summarizing your education and work experience to-date.
Park Property Management Inc. encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact our Human Resources department at 905-940-1718.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.