Property Manager Assistant
Assistant Property Manager
Toronto, ON (Scarborough)
We have an immediate opening for an Assistant Property Manager in Scarborough. The Assistant Property Manager will report to the Property Manager and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the day-to-day property management activities for a very large portfolio consisting of high rise and low rise rental apartment buildings. We offer a competitive salary, group benefits, including Pension Plan and more. As well, we offer a great team environment in which to work. This is a great opportunity for a property management professional looking for that next step in their career.
- Support the Property Manager in overseeing a portfolio of residential apartment buildings in Scarborough; completing various projects as assigned and directed;
- Regular travel to buildings for pick-up and drop-off of site paperwork;
- Perform detailed building inspections on a quarterly basis and provide written reports to the Property Manager. Direct building staff/contractors on minor maintenance/repair issues highlighted in reports;
- Conduct detailed in-suite turnover inspections and provide written reports to the Property Manager, outlining strategic recommendations for scope-of-work;
- Participate in the preparation of yearly maintenance and capital building budgets for review and manage spending according to available budget;
- Assist in preparation of renovation proposals; attend construction site meetings, as required;
- Invite contractor quotes for building repairs/maintenance and renovations and meet with contractors when necessary;
- Advise and support site staff in the implementation of company policies and procedures; participate in training of new staff; problem solve with site staff;
- Investigate and resolve complaints from residents;
- Continually update working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, the Human Rights Code, Privacy legislation, Workplace Safety and other governing legislation. Attend training sessions and seminars from time-to-time as required;
- Be available for emergency calls, when required, and responsive to other initiatives and projects that may be required in the portfolio from time-to-time.
- To be successful in this position you must have a high degree of professionalism, including excellent active listening skills, ability to articulate a message both verbally and in writing in a professional, straightforward manner. A passion for property management along with a willingness to support the Property Manager and bring your ideas to the table.
- Strong relationship building abilities; able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with tenants, staff and contractors.
- A reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license is required for regular travel to the building sites.
- Ideally you have a certificate from an accredited property management program (or are working towards this goal) and at least two years of experience in the multi-residential property management industry.
- A strong working knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act, as well as the Human Rights Code, Privacy legislation, workplace safety and other governing legislation.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Tact and diplomacy is required to investigate and resolve complaints from residents.
If you have the skills and abilities required for this position, we want to hear from you. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Park Property Management Inc. will ensure accommodations are made available if required for candidates during all stages of the recruiting process.