We have an immediate opening for a full time Superintendent for two low-rise, residential apartment buildings (3 story walk-ups) in the East end of Stratford, Ontario.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Common area cleaning
- Preparing apartments for new residents
- Minor maintenance
- Coordination of Purchase Orders and scheduling of work related to outside trades/contractors
- Collecting of rental payments
- Maintaining rental payment history and other administrative tasks
As part of this job function, you will provide coverage on alternate weekends and Thursdays for two other low-rise buildings in the South end of Stratford and assist as required during the day-to-day operations of the buildings. Responding to after-hours emergencies will be required as part of the job.
What we look for
Candidates for this position will:
- have experience in the residential property management industry
- demonstrated mechanical aptitude with experience performing a variety of building maintenance tasks
- demonstrated ability to become familiar with building operations, equipment and related health, safety and cleanliness standards
- demonstrated physical ability to perform required cleaning
- familiarity with the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) that applies to this work
- ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- ability to communicate effectively using a smart phone
- tact, courtesy and patience dealing with building residents and staff
- demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a collaborative team member with other Superintendents, office staff and management.
***Candidates must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license for travelling between the building sites***
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary, you will be provided with a 2-bedroom apartment (free of rent), basic cable, group health and dental benefits and a smart phone.
Park Property Management Inc. encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact our Human Resources department at 905-940-1718.