Day Trip Destinations
August 1, 2015
Author: Park Property Management
Tags: park property management, summer guide, lifestyle, local destinations, things to do
We love taking road trips and the summer is the perfect time to see what Southern Ontario has to offer! With only half the summer left, it's time to get out of your apartment, grab your friends and family and hit the road!
Not sure where to go or what to see? Park Property Management is here to help! We've compiled a list of some fantastic places to visit, all that can be done in a day trip for our tenants!
Visit these amazing Ontario beaches!
- Wasaga Beach, Simcoe County, ON - Lake Huron (Dogs allowed on Beach 3)
- Grand Bend Beach, Lambton Shores, ON - Lake Huron
- Port Dover Beach, Norfolk County, ON - Lake Erie
- Port Burwell Beach, Elgin County, ON - Lake Erie (Dogs allowed in specified beach area)
- Long Beach, Wainfleet, ON - Lake Erie
Note: Beaches that are operated by Ontario Parks, often require a per person or per car fee upon entry. Also, be sure to check for beach closures due to unsafe water conditions, before you plan your day trip.
There is so much natural beauty to behold in Southern Ontario, check out any of these destinations and be in awe of what nature has to offer!
- Royal Botanical Gardens- Aldershot, ON
- Elora Gorge- Elora, ON
- Niagara Falls- Niagara Falls, ON
- Long Point Eco-Adventures- Williams, ON
- Botanical Gardens & Butterfly Conservatory, Niagara Falls, ON
Spend a day in the City of Toronto! Our list of things to do and see in the city could go on and on....so we've narrowed it down to five of our favourite destinations!
- Toronto Zoo
- Royal Ontario Museum/Art Gallery of Ontario
- Ripley's Aquarium
- Distillery District
- The Second City
School may be out, but you're always up for learning....right? These destinations are educational AND fun, we promise.
- Black Creek Pioneer Village - Toronto, ON
- Fort George - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum - Hamilton, ON
- Laura Secord Homestead - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
- Ontario Science Centre - Toronto, ON
Wondering where your next foodie experience should be? We're salivating just thinking of these places!
- St. Jacobs Farmers Market - St. Jacobs, ON
- St. Lawrence Market - Toronto, ON
- Chocolate FX - St. Davids, ON
- Hutch's on the Beach - Hamilton, ON
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Wineries - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Everyone needs a little excitement sometimes! Here are some family-friendly places to play...
- Canada's Wonderland - Vaughn, ON
- Storybook Gardens - London, ON
- African Lion Safari - Hamilton, ON
- Centreville Amusement Park - Toronto Islands, ON
- CNE (Also known as "The Ex" - Open Aug 21- Sept 7) - Toronto, ON
Last but never least, here is a list of one-of-a-kind Ice Cream Parlours to visit! What's your favourite flavour?
- Twins Ice Cream Parlour - Port Rowan, ON
- Dairee Delite - Brantford, ON
- Dairy Queen - Port Colborne, ON (One of the original Canadian locations and hasn't changed one bit!)
- Hewitt's Dairy Bar - Hagersville, ON
- Best's - Grand Bend, ON
Park Property Management wishes you a great summer!
Remember to practice sun and water safety at all times and check out our previous blog to help you keep cool in your apartment!
Park Property Management
Tips to keep your apartment cool in Summer!
Park Property Management