Good communities become great when residents come together to care for and help each other.
Park Property Management believes every community has potential and we strive to make all our communities great.
If you are looking for a way to become involved with your community at large and offer a helping hand, there are many different options that vary in required time, skill and monetary giving!
A simple way to give back to your neighbours in need, is to gather gently used clothing, housewares, shoes, electronics, and furniture, place them in bags or boxes and donate them to your local shelter, Salvation Army Thrift Store, Goodwill, or a Habitat for Humanity Restore location. We're all likely working on Spring cleaning our homes soon, so this is the perfect time to choose items to donate! In the colder months, consider arranging a coat drive within your apartment building or at your school or work.
If you are able to donate your time, there are plenty of services and initiatives that could use your support! Visit your local community centre to find out where you are most needed and what works with your schedule. Or visit SPARK Ontario to find volunteer opportunities near you.
For those who don't have time but are willing to give monetary donations, take a look at your city's website to find out about upcoming charitable events.
Where to start?
Helping your community feels good and your effort can make a big difference! Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Become a Big Brother or Big Sister and mentor youth in your community. There are agencies in Burlington, Guelph, Oakville, Brampton, and Toronto.
- Donate fresh nutritious foods to your local food bank.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen, food bank, shelter, or with Habitat for Humanity.
- Shop local to support your community businesses.
- Get to know your neighbours and offer support when they need it.