Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!
September 22, 2016
Author: Park Property Management
Tags: lifestyle, holiday guide, things to do
The first day of Fall is coming quickly, and Park Property Management Inc. has 10 great ways for you to celebrate!
- Enjoy the changing of the seasons. We experienced record-breaking heat this Summer and now we welcome the cooler temps that the Fall brings. Autumn is a great time to be outside- comfortable temperatures, beautiful landscapes as the leaves change and you can still catch a colourful sunset after dinner!
- Head out to a farmer's market and pick up the last of the fruit in season. In Ontario, this includes raspberries, plums, peaches, nectarines, apples, pears and grapes.
- Craft Fun with Leaves. As the leaves fall, it creates a great opportunity for nature-based crafts. Head outside to find the most colourful leaves and craft away!
- Fall is a great time to be in the kitchen baking. Even if you are a novice baker, you can make cookies or muffins with autumn inspired ingredients like pumpkin or cinnamon spices. Here is a great apple fritter bread recipe that is perfect for bakers of all levels.
- Visit a pumpkin patch! Downey's Farm Market near Brampton, Synder's Farm in Ayr, and Howell's Family Pumpkin Farm in Niagara are some really great places to pick out some Fall decor.
- Fall colours are perfect for family photos, so head to a park or conservation area and start snapping pictures. You don't have to hire a photographer, just bring along a friend or use a tripod.
- Volunteer your time. There are lots of areas that need help and the Fall season is a great time to pitch in, as centres start to prepare for Thanksgiving and the colder weather. Check your city website for areas you can help like the library, SPCA, Food bank, or Shelter.
- If you can't volunteer your time, making donations are a great way to help your community members who need assistance. Go through your packed-away winter clothes and choose some items to donate- items you don't wear anymore or that no longer fit can find a new life with someone who truly needs it. You could also purchase a few extra items at the grocery store and donate them to the food bank or local charity.
- Grow an herb garden. Just because you can't grow outdoors anymore doesn't mean you have to give up on natural herbs. Learn how to make your own herb garden and enjoy fresh herbs all year long.
- Go apple picking in an orchard. Not only is this a great opportunity for some fun Instagram or Snapchat pics, but you can collect fresh apples to do your baking with! There are many great orchards in the GTA that offer weekday and weekend hours.
Looking for a great new apartment this fall? Check out our listings today.
Park Property Management
Cooking with Kids
Park Property Management